While mouthwash is primarily used for oral hygiene, it turns out it has many more uses that you may have never even thought about.
Listerine is one of the most popular brands of mouthwash as it contains eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate, and thymol. These ingredients have strong functionality that goes beyond typical mouthwash use.
Check out everything Listerine can do:
1. Deodorant. This is perfect if you have run out of deodorant. Take a cotton ball and soak it in Listerine. Now just dab under arms. You can also use a spray bottle.
2. Dandruff. Actually Listerine used to be used for dandruff treatment. The ingredients in Listerine have antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. All you need to do is rinse your hair and scalp with a mix of 1/4 cup Listerine and 1 cup water.
3. Lice. Yes, you can get rid of lice with Listerine! Soak your lice filled head in Listerine. Then put on a shower cap. Let that soak for an hour, allowing it to kill all of the nasty bugs. Then rinse with water. Throw some white vinegar in the mix to really ensure those nasty things are gone. Do the same shower cap method for an hour, then wash out with mild shampoo. Use a lice comb to get rid of the dead buggers and any of their remaining eggs.
4. Acne. It also works as an astringent to treat skin problems skin. It will dry out pimples after dabbing them at night with Listerine, then you wake up to a pimple free face.
5. Cough. Apparently past medical tests showed that gargling Listerine twice daily, actually reduced the frequency of a cough, and the severity! Indeed its been verified nowadays that rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash can prevent bacteria from infecting the respiratory system, thus preventing prolonged coughs and colds from occurring.
6. Blisters. Dip a cotton swab in Listerine and then dab it onto a blister, repeating three times a day until you dont see the blister anymore.
7. Stinky feet. Yes, Listerine to the rescue! Simply use a home remedy mix of 1 part Listerine in 2 parts warm water. Now let your feet soak for 20 minutes and the stink be gone!
8. Toenail fungus. This is also good for treating toenail fungus due to Listerines anti-fungal properties. Every few days take a Listerine foot soak and continue for several months if you are prone to fungal infection.
This amazing potion has actually been around since the late 1800s and it is still kicking butt in many more ways than just oral hygiene. Always have some Listerine around and you too can reap all the very effective and inexpensive remedies that it provides!
Tell us which work for you andSHAREthis article on social media!